Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kuala Lumpur



We only stayed 2 days in Kuala Lumpur, which was enough. There are a lot of things to see in Kuala Lumpur, but we only needed about 2 days to do it. If we had more time in Malaysia we would have traveled to Lankawi or Klang. Instead we stayed at the Citin Hotel which was right in the middle of Little India. So, in a way we experienced 2 cultures for the price of one:) We were surrounded by Indian restaurants and shops. I think I tasted the most spiciest thing in my life. I ordered the same thing I ordered in Bali (Mie Goreng), but I guess they add a lot more spices in Little India. Most women were clothed from head to toe and wearing the traditional Burqa. Kuala Lumpur even had a separate subway car for women only. I was was wearing shorts and a t-shirt. At times I felt a little uncomfortable, but also realized they understand I am a foreigner.

What did we do? We saw the Petronas Towers. They were very beautiful at night. We tried to visit a rain forest, but once we got there they wanted to charge us an arm and a leg for a guided tour. So, we snuck off for about 20 minutes and took some pictures and then headed back. We went to the Batu Caves. The caves are a limestone hill, which has many caves and temples. We hiked about 300 stairs to enter the caves. There were monkeys everywhere once we got up there. They were just waiting for tourist to drop food. They were fun to watch. The Batu caves has the world’s tallest statue of Murugan which is a Hindu deity. It was pretty big. That’s about all we did. If I were to go back to Malaysia I would travel to a beach spot and get out of the city

No comments:

Post a Comment